Do You Kiss Your Kids With That Mouth?
The baby just went down for a nap. You curl up on the couch for that blissful hour where you let your fantasies go wild and McDreamy saves lives. You wake up and send a quick text to your partner letting them know to get ready. When they get home tonight, sexy time is on.
Then the crying starts. The baby wakes up. You see three piles of dirty laundry, none that is clean. A sink full of dishes. Hot dogs for dinner, again. Bath time, The Hungry Caterpillar for the hundredth time, then finally, the house gets quiet. Sex is the last thing on your mind, all you want is a bowl of ice cream and to binge watch Netflix (not Netflix and chill mind you, just Netflix and eat ice cream).
Just reading about a mom’s day is exhausting. How do you get yourself from crazy, overwhelmed mom to sexy and sensual woman? How do you shift the conversation from how many diapers you changed today to how you want to be ravaged? How do you let go of the mom part of you and tap into your sexuality? Your children are important. Your partner is important. You are also important. Taking the time to be fulfilled sexually isn't selfish, it's vital to your well-being and your relationship with your partner. A happy mom is a sex crazed mom or at least a mom who enjoys sex and feels fulfilled in her sexual relationship.
Tapping into your sexuality is not easy when you are already juggling so many things that you find yourself wishing you had eight arms. So how do you do it? Here are just a few ideas. Some may seem uncomfortable, but remember, sex is not meant to feel like a chore. It is meant to be enjoyed. Let yourself go and embrace your sexuality.
1) Take a shower by yourself to unwind and fantasize about how you want to be touched and caressed. When you come out, tell your spouse or partner exactly what you want to do. Don't be shy. Be explicit.
2) Give yourself time to explore. Look at some new lingerie (that you like, not something uncomfortable, not something that you chose because you know your partner will like it, but something YOU enjoy), pick out a new toy, read an erotic story. Give yourself permission to explore the sexual side of yourself.
3) Spend time exploring yourself. Learn how you like to be touched so you can tell your partner.
4) Relax! It is almost impossible to get in touch with your sexuality when all you can think about is screaming children and piles of laundry. De-stress yourself. Get a sitter and go unwind. It's not selfish, you need to de-stress to enable yourself to fulfill your needs of survival (and yes, sex is an integral part of survival!).
5) Do something that makes you feel good about yourself and makes you feel sexy. Whether it is getting a manicure, a wax, or just putting on your favorite lipstick, get it done!
Go on, embrace your sexuality. Learn to become fulfilled in your sex life. Sex is as vital to survival as food, water, and shelter. Don't worry- what happens in the bedroom (or car, or balcony, or shower!), stays in the bedroom. You can still kiss your kids with those lips, you will just be a much happier mom when you do so.
If tapping into your sexuality is difficult for you, we can help. You are more than a mom, a wife, or a partner and deserve to enjoy yourself. Email us today for a free consultation.
Want more? Take advantage of the Early Bird Pricing and join us for a two-day information-filled event this coming summer at The Sex Summit: Workshops for Women by Women. Click here for more information.